Yard Sales & Concessions

Frequently Asked Questions

​Yes. Up to 3 garage sales per year are permitted at the property where the sale operator resides and the sale may not exceed two consecutive days in length. (See Section 3.9.3.M. of the Zoning Code).

​Signs can only be placed on your property and cannot exceed a total of 12 square feet. (See Section 3.9.3.M. of the Zoning Code).

A temporary concession is any individual retail sales operation from a location not involving a permanent building or structure and uses a temporary table, stand, cart, or similar equipment. (See Section 7.3 of the Zoning Code).

​Temporary concessions are permitted within the fo​llowing zones and are subject to the approval of the zoning administrator through a temporary concession stand permit:

  • All Industrial Zones (See Section 3.2.5, Table 3.3(E) & 3.10.3.E. of the Zoning Code)​​
  • All Mixed Use Zones 
  • Auto Commercial Zone
  • Commercial Recreation Zone
  • General Commercial Zone
  • Light Commercial Zone
  • Shopping Center Zone​
  • Travel Commercial Zone

No, the vending of food products is regulated separately and requires a conditional use permit. 

However, mobile vending vehicles that are licensed and operated pursuant to the provisions of the Sacramento County Code do not constitute a temporary concession. (See Section 7.3 of the Zoning Code)​.